Tuesday, 6 April 2010
Fauxhemian - The New word for 'Hipster'
In fact these 'hipsters' come together in one area like a university campus, which Williamsburg has become and as a Londoner you'd think I'd be used to this market audience, but NO! I've been away from this fake 'wannabe' attitude for two years and I kinda liked it. I was sick of the trivial bullshit that came out of the mouth.
Anyway, to the point - Urban dictionary has introduced a new word for 'Hipster' which is Fauxhemian. The site has noted some interested definitions for the fauxhemian including:
"Dressing in bohemian clothes when, in fact, you are a millionaire." or "wealthy people and places that carry a pretense of artistic sophistication. Fauxhemians think they are artsy, when really they are more fartsy, as their great wealth and comfortable lifestyles keep them from authentic expression, familiarity with the street, and any real impetus to truly oppose the system (since they still benefit too much from it)."
- Recycling: Not just Japan, but almost everywhere
- Manhattan Skyline isn't far from Brooklyn AT ALL!!...
- COSMO Magazine (UK VERSion) $5.99!??! DISGRACEFUL
- Carmine's Pizzeria: Williamsburg Best Pizzeria
- Fauxhemian - The New word for 'Hipster'
- People jogging in Central Park... at night?
- Brooklyn FOOD FOOD FOOD!! Week One
- I've moved to NY
- ▼ April (8)