This was taken just before we were about to walk up the Brooklyn Bridge. H E L L O Brooklyn!

Wednesday 12 March 2008

Wednesday 12th March: London, UK

I haven't left the country yet, but reality has finally struck me and I've accepted that I'm moving to Japan. Hmmmm. For the past couple of months, I was in limbo-- constantly imagining moving to Japan, but safely home in London.

Right now, I'm very nervous but, pretty excited too. I'm in that prepatory stage where I have to rush to the Japanese embassy to verify my work visa and sort out my Japanese health insurance. : ( On top of that, I've still got to go to the dentist to finish off the four molars that need filling and finish off my root treatment. Oh, there are a list of things I need to do, including PACK, but hey, I still have 13 days left to do something about it! Argh 13 days!!! I should be running up and down the living room, but I can't be bothered.

I'm still working for Miva as an entertainment intern and loving the way the office hardly reminds me of Japan or teaching English. However, talking of work, I've got a couple of things to do, which I need to complete for the project I'm working on or else I'll let down my team.

Wow, time has flown by. I just hope that the Japanese I learnt last year and sweated blood for hasn't disappeared. Hopefully, it will somehow reappear. Yet, with all this uncertainty going on, there is one thing I'm definitely sure about and that's how much I'm going to miss my Notting Hill home, my parents and my friends. In fact, I'll miss my entire life in London, because I was comfortable with it. From running into the London underground tube doors without flinching to telling wannabe dick heads to f*** off, I'm going to miss everything within my comfort zone. Hmm. I'm not sure if I can handle the evening company drinks, which are apparently customary and frowned on if I don’t follow. For one thing, I don't drink and you friends of mine know me and my non-existent drinking talents. I'm going to develop a great habit of making friends with boring people who can't drink... Well we'll see. Also, the whole Japanese school girl and old, salary (business) man situation is something my eyes might not want to get used to, yet I have my sights on going to the love hotels with my London loons. I'm going to stick a dildo in your eye, ha ha! “Poke! Welcome to Japan suckers!”


Oh, waffle waffle. I'm going to try and upload photos on this f**ka as well. I'd expect comments on this as well people. Ho hum, I'm going to miss everyone. Oh, I hate separating from people. Boo! Going to read the economist now and find out about Japanese economy, because I’m a freak.

Later!

No comments:

I've moved to NY

I've moved to NY
I have certainly moved to New York City